THE CLASSIC BLEND OF OLD & NEW

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Socks and Heel --- Fashion DO or Fashion DON’T


We all remember the days of being a little girl and wearing socks with our saddle shoes, penny loafers and shiny patent leather Mary Janes. 
 

 

But what about wearing socks with heels as an adult?? A few weeks ago I was in Macys with two of my BFF’s and I was trying on a pair of heels, and it just so happened that I had on colorful Betsy Johnson knee socks.  One of my BFF’s said can you take the socks off so I can see how they really look! I responded with I love socks with heels!!! She looked at me like I had completely lost my mind!!! I laughed!!
I many times have worn sock with heels, whether it has been with pants, skirts or even dresses. I think is KILLER!!!
The world of fashion is also big on it, check any fashion mag and you are likely to see this style ---BUT is it for you, if so what are the tricks to perfecting this on the fence style?
 

 

The tricks:
- Wear neutral toned socks – black, navy, burgundy , hunter green and even darker shades of pinks and purple. Basically rich colored socks. Even Stripped socks will work, however strips must be thin and in dark colors. And if you are a little bolder try out socks with patterns.

-The height of the sock depends on your leg size and calf size, and too on the effect you are going for. (the most fashion friendly are socks that hit 2”-4” above your ankle.
-don’t wear socks with frill, unless for some reason you are going for the “naughty schoolgirl” in public

So what is the Verdict?????
Well for me it’s a DOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 
 

 


But if it isn’t for you then it just isn’t!!! But its Fashion have FUN!!!

Peace, Love and VINTAGE!!!

3 comments:

lc_skinner said...

Love the look but it's not really my style. I would duplicate it in a photoshoot. Although, the last pic where they wear it with denim could be cool on me. It's a do...but folks just can't do it with ANY ol' thing

Queenbmakeup said...

I love your sense of style.. so unique and fresh. Everytime I see a pic posted or you out at a party you look fabulous! <3

Anonymous said...

Here's the deal: Me no really likey the whole socks and heels thing. It's contradictory. Do you want to show your toes or not? Those snake skin shoes are the HOT, and those socks just throw them all the way off. I do have to say though, that the pic of the denim skinny jeans, heels, and socks do look okay. So, like anything, it totally depends on the person, the outfit, and the style. But in the grand scheme of it all...it's a big DON'T in my opinion.